Bienvenue à notre site français!
Here in St. Mary’s Holy Faith, Killester, students may choose between French or Spanish from 1st year. French is a very popular language. Our overall aim is to prepare each student for the Junior Certificate and the Leaving Certificate exams by developing the four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking through the use of the target language.
The aim of the French Department is to foster in our students communicative skills which will enable them to:
- Participate in classroom activities in French (the Target Language ..TL)
- Participate in normal everyday activities, both verbal and written, at home and abroad
- Have an awareness of grammar and structure in the TL
- Compare the cultural and political background in TL countries with our own in Ireland
- Consider as a realistic option the possibility of pursuing further study and /or career opportunities through the medium of the TL
- Extract information and derive enjoyment from the mass media and authentic materials eg. Newspapers /magazines /advertisements
- Enjoy learning through the use of videos, interactive websites, songs, Christmas carols, quizzes and French food tasting
New Junior Cycle French:
2017/ 2018 was the first year of the new Junior Cycle course. The students will engage in many learning opportunities and use a wide range of skills, including creative and reflective learning whilst learning the French language and culture.
Our French Department has much to offer:
- French Breakfast mornings
- Fun quizzes
- Selection of Books are available in the Library
- Trips to the IFI to watch French films
- The opportunity to have a penpal to communicate with in French
It is hoped that all senior classes will be examined by an external examiner twice in the coming year. This is a wonderful opportunity for students to experience what the real exam will be like and also to calm their nerves and build their confidence.
Les sites utiles
Un petit jeu pour vous !
Comment s’appellent les sites ci-dessous ?