Student Council 2017 -18
STUDENT COUNCIL AT ST. MARY’S HOLY FAITH
Our Student Council
- Meets fortnightly on Friday mornings at 8.30am.
- Has members representing each year group in the school.
- Collects suggestions from students for ideas to be discussed at meetings.
- Discusses issues of interest to students such as ideas for improving or developing school facilities, school policies, promoting wellbeing.
- Reviews policies.
- Carries out surveys to ascertain opinions of students on ideas discussed at meetings.
- Brings the outcome of discussions and surveys to the Principal, Ms McLoughlin.
STUDENT COUNCIL 2018-19
- Sophie Graham (Chairperson)
- Kayleigh Harris (Vice Chairperson)
- Georgia Poole (PR)
- Aoibhe Conway
- Leela Walsh
- Leah Kelly
- Katerina Priniotaki
- Mia Byrne
- Gabriella Svobutaite
- Alannah Carey
- Alexandra Loghin (Secretary)
- Eabha Finn O’Reilly
- Grace Carberry
- Nicole Magdalina
- Emily O’Reilly
- Lucy Galligan
- Amy Ward
Our main aims and objectives are:
- To strengthen communication between students, management, staff and parents.
- To promote an environment leading to academic and personal development.
- To promote respect and friendship among students.
- To support the management and staff in the development of the school.
- To represent the ideas of students in matters that affect them.
The role of the student council involves:
- Working with the Board of Management, staff and Parents’ Association in the school.
- Communicating and consulting with all of the students in the school.
- Involving as many students as possible in the activities of the Council.
- Planning and managing the Council’s programme of activities in the school for example having a say in school policies, making suggestions about improving school facilities.